The 21st Dominican Republic Jazz Festival, presented by FEDUJAZZ and the Ministry of Tourism, will host six nights of free concerts recognizing music, culture and the arts.
“The 2017 Dominican Republic Jazz Festival honors the contemporary global dimension of jazz and every night will be dedicated to different countries and their specific point of view on this music.” – Marco Pignataro, Artistic Advisor to the Dominican Republic Jazz Festival, and Managing Director of the Berklee Global Jazz Institute. Read more about the musicians on the Artist bio page.
Festival Date, Show Location, Country Dedication
Sunday, October 29, 2017 – Santo Domingo, DR – France
- National Conservatory of Music – Santo Domingo Featuring Alain Mallet (Dom Rep / France)
- The Paris Conservatory Featuring Riccardo del Fra (France)
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 – Santiago, DR – Argentina
- El Eco with Guillermo Nojechowicz featuring Marco Pignataro, Brian Lynch, Helio Alves, Kim Nazarian & Fernando Huergo (Argentina, Italy, USA)
Thursday, November 2, 2017 – Sosúa, DR – Israel
- Javier Vargas (Dominican Republic)
- Roni Eytan Quartet (Israel)
- Anat Cohen with the Berklee Global Ambassadors (Israel / USA)
Friday, November 3, 2017 – Puerto Plata, DR – Brazil
- Guy Frómeta Trío (Dominican Republic)
- Trío da Paz (Brazil)
Saturday, November 4, 2017 – Cabarete, DR – United States
- Berklee Global Jazz Ambassadors (USA)
- Sean Jones (USA)
- Brian Lynch (USA)
Sunday, November 5, 2017 – Cabarete, DR – Puerto Rico, Italy & Dominican Republic
- William Cepeda (Puerto Rico)
- Marco Pignataro “Almas Antiguas Quartet” (Italy, Puerto Rico)
- Special musical guests to be announced
All shows at the Dominican Republic Jazz Festival are free and open to the public, with VIP tickets and priority seating available for purchase. Proceeds of VIP ticket sales benefit FEDUJAZZ, the music education foundation of the Dominican Republic Jazz Festival. Contact FEDUJAZZ for more details at (809) 809-571-9350, email@example.com.
Celebrating a rich history spanning over twenty years, the Dominican Republic Jazz Festival has consistently presented internationally renowned Latin Grammy and GRAMMY Award winning musicians at its free concerts celebrating music, culture and the arts in this Caribbean island nation.
FEDUJAZZ provides free music education for the youth of the Dominican Republic. Currently, there are one hundred students attending free music classes at the foundation’s center in Cabarete. Hundreds of schoolchildren from the North Coast of the Dominican Republic also attend educational music workshops with the renowned musicians performing at the jazz festival each year.